As a continuation of the World Diabetes Month, here’s another diabetic Recipe: Mushroom Soup
Mushroom is filled with vitamins, minerals and fibre. This non-starchy fungi has very low impact on blood sugar hence should be an integral part of a diabetic diet.
If you do not like mushrooms, you are missing out. Mushrooms are delicious and have a nice texture. In this recipe, it is blended so not liking the texture of mushrooms is not an excuse. lol This soup is loved by even those who hate mushrooms. It is so filling and when served with a snack, it can serve as a meal in its own right.
You do not have to be diabetic to enjoy this soup. It’s great for weight loss too.
Click >> for more diabetic recipes.
The following quantities of ingredients will make a pot of mushroom soup for you and your friends.
- 10 mushrooms
- 2 red onions
- 1 small bowl of chicken stock
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 5 cloves garlic
- It is assumed that the chicken stock contains some seasoning added when cooking the chicken.
- Wash all the ingredients that need to be washed.
- Place the chicken stock in the fridge for some time so that the chicken oil will cake on the surface.
- Cut the mushrooms, garlic and onions into thin slices.
- Scrape off the caked chicken oil and heat it up in a frying pan.
- When hot, add the sliced onions, garlic and mushrooms and sauté till the mushrooms are light brown.
- Then add the chicken stock and the black pepper.
- Once it boils, pour into your blender and blend till smooth.
If the jar of your blender is plastic, wait for the mushroom to cool down before blending and warm the soup again afterwards.
- When smooth, add hot water while running the blender to bring it to the consistency you like for these kinds of soups.
Serve with coconut bars as shown in the photo. For non diabetics, serve with a baguette. Delicious!
Watch the video below for a demonstration:
More Diabetic Recipes
- Coconut Fufu
- Sparkling Citrus Zobo Tea by 9jafoodie
- Stir-fried Acha by Afrolems
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast by Dubaifitfoodie
- Unripe Plantain Muffins by Mummy’s Yum
- Deconstructed Efo Riro by Nigerian Lazy Chef