Do you love Nigerian food?
So do I.
Do you love talking about Nigerian food?
OMG … Don’t get me started! 😀
Do you know how to cook Nigerian food?
I know enough to be dangerous in the kitchen! 😉
Would you like to learn more about Nigerian food?
Yes, I do!
If you answered yes to any of the questions then we need to talk, right here on this blog.
You are very welcome to All Nigerian Recipes blog. I am on a quest to discover ALL Nigerian recipes including the tips and tricks that come with them and with YOU, I will surely achieve that. I learn from you, you learn from me: win-win for everybody. Even if you think you don’t know much about Nigerian food … yet, hang around because we will all be learning a lot.
I will be posting as often as a food thought comes to me, when I receive a new recipe from contributors and when I have something nice to give away so subscribe to this blog to receive an email when I post something new.
While we are having food discussions here on the blog, I will still be updating the recipes part of All Nigerian Recipes, so check that part of the site as often as you can.
Now let’s get to know each other better.
27 Random Facts About Me
- I’m known as Flo; family and childhood friends know me as Chinyere (A Gift from God).
- I’m Igbo.
- I’m a teacher’s daughter.
- I’m a mum to 2 kids and a wife to 1 man.
- I’ve been married for 10 years.
- I’m 5 ft 6 in. (168 cm)
- I speak 3 languages. Make that 4 if you count Nigerian Pidgin. 😉
- I love sewing; would love to learn how to make traditional Naija clothes.
- I can braid hair, including my own hair.
- My hair is 100% natural. Since 2012.
- I hiked the Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa. I came down by cable car though. 😀
- I have lived in 3 countries; have been to 25.
- I think university degrees are overrated. You can do MOST jobs with secondary school education + on-the-job training.
- Still, I have a B. Eng. in Electronic Engineering. And my job is not related to what I studied. See 13.
- My favourite Nigerian food is Semo and Ora Soup because I do not like chewing. My favourite foods are usually something you can swallow or drink. 😉
- I hate the cold but I love snow sledging.
- I like football. The one played with the foot :D. I support Barcelona FC. And any better team in a football game. ;D
- James Hadley Chase novels and those in the espionage/conspiracy genre were my favourites growing up. Mills & Boons were in there too!
- I only eat out of necessity; I prefer to feed the crowd.
- None of my children have English names because I don’t know what they mean.
- I love CSI kind of shows. But I no longer watch TV; the internet is more entertaining.
- I do watch breaking news and athletics (Olympic Games, Athletic Championships) when they are on.
- I had really bad acne in my post-adolescent years. Childbirth was the only known cure.
- I love meeting new people who love meeting new people. Does that even make sense?? 😀
- I love to-do lists. They have helped me run my life more efficiently.
- I believe that there’s a supreme being that created the universe.
- My second name is lastminute dot com. But that’s when I’m at my best!
To enter the giveaway to win 1 of the 5 All Nigerian Recipes Cookbooks that I’m giving away, please answer the following questions:
- What is your favourite Nigerian food?
- Which Nigerian food do you cook best?
- Going by my random facts, what do we (you and I) have in common?
- If you become the president of Nigeria, what would you do to improve food production, distribution and preservation in Nigeria?
Important Notes (Read carefully):
- Your answers MUST be provided on this blog below. All comments made on Facebook will not count.
- To comment, scroll down and you will see a comment box. Enter your name and your email address. I will use this email address to contact you if you win so make sure it is valid. The email address will be hidden when you post the comment.
- Type your answers in the big box, check the small box to show you are not a spammer and click “Post Comment”. When you post a comment you will see “Comment awaiting moderation” as confirmation that your comment has been received. All comments will be published at the end of the giveaway which is on Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 23:00 Nigerian time.
- The free cookbook goes to the person whose comment stands out. So put in some effort when commenting so that the judges will pick your comment.
- The winner will be announced on Monday, December 08, at 13:00 Nigerian time on Facebook.
When typing your comment, include the link to your blog/page/Youtube channel (if any) in the “Website” box so that I can come and check you out.
Remember, I love meeting new people who like meeting new people lol! I love to learn a bit about everything so who knows what I may learn or discover from you?
Now go and win that cookbook! 😉
UPDATE: Jan 16, 2015
The giveaway is now CLOSED but feel free to introduce yourself and answer the questions.
Due to the quality and quantity of the entries received, 3 cookbooks were won instead of the 1 book. A panel of judges picked the winners. 3 cookbooks went to the participants with the highest number of nominations from the judges and they are:
- Williams Royalty: 6 nominations
- Faith Chinyere Odunowo: 6 nominations
- Funmi Akindele : 5 nominations
The following are how it went down on Facebook:
The giveaway may be closed but feel free to introduce yourself and answer the questions.